Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Completely Inappropriate

This post is sure to be one of those "oh crap I wish I wouldn't have put that up there" posts we all have in time.  But.....I'm sitting here laughing and just need to share it. I *KNOW* I can't tell the guys, so here we go......

In the past 3 years I've put on approx 50 pounds. I hate it. I've been bitching about it, but it is my reality. So I have 2 choices, shut up or lose it.  I'm working on losing it.

And I am doing pretty well. I'm already down approx 18 pounds and still focused on movin' that needle on the scale in a favorable direction.

That being said, there is one area I'm NOT losing in, and I find it rather confusing.

See.....I've always been a long and tall. Skinny was the word most often used.  And, well, rather un-embellished as it were. In fact, being adopted into a family of strong stout Germans, I'm an enigma.  I have always been flat chested. So much so that for my 16th birthday my Aunt gave me a training bra with the word "reserved" embroidered on the cups. Lovely. What a gift! But, it also turned out to be true.

I've joked the past couple of years that it took letting myself fall apart to actually have cleavage. Well, it's true. It is, even Mama Vi agrees. So I was just a tad bit worried that losing the weight would take away the one asset I've gained.

Well, I couldn't have been more wrong. Nope. Down 18 pounds and just had to buy a bigger bra...for cryin' out loud.  How does THAT happen without plastic surgery?!?!

The really funny part is I'm just not used to this. And today's lunch is the perfect example. Sitting at my desk, eating a taco.  I lost count of how many times I had cheese or lettuce fall into my new found cleavage. It's like I was trying to save them for an afternoon snack, for cryin' out loud.

So yeah, I'm once again a freak of nature. Leave it to me to gain 50 pounds, then lose it, get ready to turn 50 and just now develop my "womanly curves"........

2 comments:

  1. You say "new found cleavage" like it's a bad thing...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not bad, just not sure what to do with it! lol

      Delete