Monday, March 12, 2012

That Damned Straw

These past 7 days have not been easy. Not at all. I would say it's been one hell of a week.

Started out with the loss of someone I admire and care about. Add to that the constant struggle with family I'm dealing with. Lots of energy being taken up there. Then there is work. We are suffering from an "abundance of demand" - meaning that there isn't enough product. My guys are making less money, I'm missing plan (and no, there is no forgiveness for that) and I've got pissed off customers. Every day I am getting multiple calls cussing me out. Oh, and there was the safety audit I failed. And I was on the national safety board for 3 years. Yeah...lovely. Then there was The Show from Hell and all it brought.

Stress upon stress upon stress. Add to all of that the lack of sleep I'm getting. I'm just wiped out.

So I was counting on Sunday. I screened every call. If it wasn't someone I needed AND wanted to talk to, it wasn't happening. God made voicemail for a reason, and that reason was my Sunday.

I needed Tammi Time so badly that when I ran out of cigarettes at 10am I didn't even care. I was still in my jammies and not a single stick in the house. My bad. Should have thought ahead.

That should tell you how much I needed complete solitude.

The phone ran around 3:30. I saw it was the salon I get my hair done at and I figured I could handle that call pretty well so I went ahead and picked it up.  I had an appointment for the day before, not realizing that I had to work the show so I had changed it last week to Tuesday.

Just a little background - I love the girl that does my hair. She has helped pull me out of my shell again. I even cut it all off the last time I was there and I love it. I haven't had a bad hair day in 6 weeks. That's a flippin' miracle. I love this girl. So much that I drive a little over an hour on a weekend just to have her take care of me. So when I heard last week that she changed her schedule to Tues, Fri and Sat I was over the moon! Yeah! I win!! I can go during the week right after work instead of taking a day of my precious weekend.

Back to Sunday's call. While confirming the appointment the lady said I was seeing Tony. No....I'm seeing Joanna. Well, it says here you requested Tony. Joanna doesn't even work on Tuesdays. Reeeaaaalllllyyyy.

(that alone should have had her worried)

Come to find out, not only did the confirming chick screw that up, but Joanna is leaving. This weekend. There are no more appointments.

Double whammy.

It was that straw that broke the camel's back.  That girl/lady on the other end of the phone got the brunt of my very bad week. I won't go into it all, but I didn't cuss. (I'm not that uncontrollable) But I remember saying if your appointment makers are that messed up I'm scared to let anyone there touch my hair. I made sure they knew I had to think about if I even wanted to give them my business at all.

I unloaded. (this is very much an edited version)

Today I thought about it. I love the color they use, it stays in my hair wonderfully. The cut isn't THAT difficult. And anyone can do highlights. Not only that, but if I went to the same chain down here the price is almost another $50. (that's the problem living is south OC). So I called, got the same girl/lady and apologized. Sorta. Then I tried to schedule an appointment. Seems Tony didn't even have time to do everything on Tuesday. Rrrreeeaaaallllly?  Shit, who does and book it.  I'm desperate.

But after the past 7 days, it took everything I had to not tell them exactly what they could do with that damned straw.......

No comments:

Post a Comment