Monday, March 19, 2012

These are a Few of my Favorite Things

So what was the highlight of your day? Mine....hmmmm well let's see what happened....

1) Woke up to angry phone calls. No wouldn't call that a highlight.

2) Got half way to work only to discover that I needed to help in the warehouse and that isn't skirt and heels stuff so I turned around to change my clothes.

2b) Got changed and left and got  a little over half way to work only to remember that the laptop sitting on my couch wasn't my personal laptop, but my office one. Yep, you got it, turned around AGAIN to go pick that up.

3) Did I mention it's normally 40 miles 1 way to the office, except for today where it was closer to 90.

4) Everyone showed up for work, but I heard that my newest hire, who I am VERY excited about, is having 2nd thoughts because the route is so challenging. Not so much of a highlight there either.

5) I bought lunch for the guys because I had to make them stay 3 extra hours tonite until the product arrived to load their trucks. They appreciated the lunch, and didn't mind the OT too much. But I kinda forgot to eat, so that made for a long day.

6) The new Long Tall Sally catalog came packed full of pretty things I can't wait to buy. That's a good thing (for everyone but my bank account.)

7) Our corporate server was down for most of the day. I could have left the damned laptop at home for all the good it did me.

Yeah, so reviewing that, the highlight was another chance to spend more money. Oh, and I had left overs for dinner. Left overs I made myself for a real live Sunday Dinner I cooked yesterday.  So....I'd have to say it was a pretty damned good day. Food and clothes. My two favorite things.

I feel like Julie Andrews right now.....

2 comments:

  1. Food and clothes used to be my two favourite things. Now I just settle for food, clothes being out of the budget for the past few years. Sounds like you have a great job though!

    (Been reading over at Harvey's blog for a while now, so of course I had to pop over here.)

    ReplyDelete