Friday, March 30, 2012

Another Conversation with Mama Vi

Mama Vi has had a rough year. Actually, it's been a rough couple of years...but the past few months have been a bit better.  We got her some help around the house, she has Life Alert and that has given her a lot more independence. She's also been able to lose some weight so she's gettin' some pep back into her step. It does a daughter good to know that.

The one thing that hasn't changed is my total enjoyment in giving her a rough time. I come by it naturally, and it's been my life's work, so I feel it's my obligation to continue.  ;-)

So, during our conversation yesterday morning she mentions that she's hired a woman from church who lost her job to help with the yard. Yeah!! No more begging or waiting for help. No more embarrassment when no one shows for weeks! That was a huge load off of both our minds. Anyway.....yesterday the lady was coming over to do the spring clean up. Trimming, mowing, clearing out of weeds. A big day. And, as you can imagine Mama is very picky about her yard. Her flowers are her pride and joy.  Persnickety might be a better term.

So here is a tidbit of our conversation:

Mama; I'm going to take my walker out today so I can help her identify what is what and explain about the trimming.

Tammi: What's the weather today? (with her on oxygen the weather can really cause a problem)

Mama: Cool, sunny, clear. It should be a perfect day!

Tammi: Excellent. Just please don't over do it.

Mama: I'll try not to.

Tammi: Ya know.....my Mama told me about this thing. I don't use it very often, but when I do it always works just perfect in situations like this.

Mama: Really? What is it?

Tammi: It's called COMMON SENSE!! Don't TRY just DO!!

Mama: Smart ass.........

Tammi: My work here is done. I've got to go now Mama....Have a great day! 

I simply love turning my mother's words back on her. Really. I have come to look for any and every opportunity.  Cruel? No...not so much. Funny? Hell yeah.....even she has to laugh when I pull one of those off......

1 comment:

  1. Yay for Mama Vi! Love that she has help around the place now. :)

    "Smart ass". Heh...

    ReplyDelete