Saturday, March 17, 2012

Yeah?

I had one of those Ah Ha moments yesterday.  See, I spend 99% of my life lately with guys. Oh, I'm lucky enough to have a female boss, I even hired a female sales rep, and I do have 2 admins in the office, so it's much better than it used to be. But, given my role, I don't have anyone to really have CHICK TALK with. And, much to my surprise I really miss CHICK TALK.

I miss telling someone about what I bought shopping. Forget about actually going shopping with someone, at this point I'd be happy just talk to talk about it. I'm really trying to get back into nesting, putting those finishing touches on my home, especially since I now know I'll be staying another year.  We won't even talk about the diet talk.

Well, yesterday I got a huge dose of "Shut up Tammi, he's only humoring you because he has to".  I was talking to one of my peers and mentioned I was buying a new vacuum. He mentioned he was getting one for his wife too. Me? I launch into this huge vacuum discussion.  Completely one sided of course. The sad thing is it took me almost a full 3 minutes to realize I was the only person enjoying this.

Then this morning I see the Progesso commercial, and realized......that is my life.

I actually feel sorry for the men I work with.  Because if you know me at all, you know no matter how bad I feel, I"m not gonna stop talking.......

7 comments:

  1. Been there. Done that. Welcome back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back.
    Missed you.
    Even looked for your old site about a month ago, to see if maybe you had posted.
    The ice is almost off all the lakes around here and the fishing shacks were removed a few weeks ago.
    Does that bring back memories of your trip to the U.P. when you were with the mattress company?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank y'all. And yes, Jon it does. Funny, my cousins live near there and were out here to visit just this weekend and we got a good laugh about that very trip!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I so relate to this. I've known my boss for 25 years. When I absolutely HAVE to chick talk I will. He usually just grins or shakes his head. It's not just that he's a guy that makes it difficult. He's an aspy. So you know I'm desparate when I'm saying, "OK. I don't have anyone to tell. I found this new place that has great chocolate..."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually thought "Bou will get this" when I posted that the other day. :-)

      Delete
  5. Good to see you here again! :)!!!!!!!

    I have very, very few men to work with, being an elementary teacher. I think we run them off with our 'chick talk'. Like the time in the teachers' lounge, (back when we got to eat lunch away with from the kids), we women were exchanging labor and delivery stories. The lone, very young male teacher quietly got up with his tray and left to go eat with the kids. And yeah, we all burst out laughing when we realized what had happened...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good to see you here again! :)!!!!!!!

    I have very, very few men to work with, being an elementary teacher. I think we run them off with our 'chick talk'. Like the time in the teachers' lounge, (back when we got to eat lunch away with from the kids), we women were exchanging labor and delivery stories. The lone, very young male teacher quietly got up with his tray and left to go eat with the kids. And yeah, we all burst out laughing when we realized what had happened...

    ReplyDelete