Friday, March 16, 2012

Tidbit

I talk to Mama Vi almost every single day. Most days 2x.  It's fun for her to hear what's going on and I need to know she's alright.

Anyway - thought you might enjoy a tidbit of one of our conversations this week.  A little background, my cousin and her husband, that I haven't seen for almost 15 years, are coming out for business. They'll be staying with me Saturday night and Sunday day.  I'm very excited. Anyway, I was at the grocery store picking up dinner the other night and talking to Mama as I walked thru the store. Here's a part of the exchange;

Mama; Oh, and Tammi. I don't know if they are big coffee drinkers so make sure you have juice in the house for breakfast Sunday morning.

Me:

Me: Mama? You do realize who you're talking to right? It's me. Tammi.

Mama: I know darned well who I'm talking to. You just need to remember to have some juice on hand.

Me:

Me: Well, I think the gallon of OJ, and 3 32oz bottles of fruit juice I have would qualify as "having juice on hand" don't you?

Mama: Well, it's just important to always have juice in the fridge. Especially for company.

Really? Seriously? I didn't know whether to laugh, be insulted or sign her up as our new spokesperson.

Ya gotta love Mama Vi.  She's still Got It.

No comments:

Post a Comment